Good Morning #FitFam – TGIF
I don’t know about you, but I have had a long week. I found my groove and hit my workouts with some serious intensity. After 4 days of hard workouts I am loving my Friday Rest Day.
I am teaming up with the Friday 5 Trio – Mar, Courtney and Cynthia for their Friday link up. Its been a while and they have changed things up a bit. In the past they had planned Friday 5 topics, but they have no allowed for Free Fridays all year long!
My topic for this Friday is:
5 Things I am Loving right Now!!
- My saddle – yesterday I wrote about my bike fit that I had done at AlterEgo Sports in Winnipeg. The biggest change we made was swapping out hugely padded granny saddle designed for upright riding to a more competitive road bike saddle. We chose the Specialized Power Saddle. After measuring my sit bones we determined, not surprisingly, that I needed the widest saddle. What a difference it made. It goes against everything you would think – dense and hard more comfortable that big and puffy. Turns out all that big and puffy just gets itself up in my business, if you know what I mean.
- My shoes and peddles – Again a new purchase from Winnipeg and WOW I could not have known the difference in comfort, efficiency and power I would receive by clipping into my bike. My feet no longer slip off the peddles, my strokes are more smooth and I have gained a lot of speed on the trainer.
- Chia Pudding – A new to me snack. I am a sucker for routine and always eat plain Greek yogurt and fruit for my morning snack. Recently I tried making some Chia pudding. YUMMO!!! My favourite – chia seeds, vanilla almond milk, 1/2 scoop of chocolate Shakeology and dark cherries. I mix it up the night before and put it in the fridge. The next morning it is delicious!!!
- Strength training – In the past I was pretty interested in lifting. I have spent time in the gym, at the fire hall doing Crossfit style workouts and doing some weight training at home. However, it always slips away and cardio takes over. Weight lifting kind of fell into my lap in December when the pool closed for maintenance and I was looking for something to do during my lunch hour workouts. The difference in my body is definitely noticeable. I am stronger look and feel better as well. I have rearrange my workout schedule to allow for gym time 2 times a week. I am pretty certain that it will help keep me injury free.
- Red wine – I know this one really doesn’t fit the theme of health or fitness, but I sure am loving my reds lately. I have always been a whiskey girl and more recently have added ciders. My girl friends are real wine connoisseurs and have rubbed off on me. I was never a wine drinker most likely because I don’t love white wine, turns out I do love red. I have also channeled my inner Olivia Pope and taken to drinking a rich, red like Cab Sav with a bowl of buttery popcorn while watching Netflix. Not the healthiest week night snack, but it will do.
What are you loving right now? Red or white? Cardio or strength?