Are you adjusting well to the time change? I have to say it is nice that it is nice to have brighter evenings, but we will miss the early morning daylight!
I have been on quite the roller coaster lately, feeling very up and down with both my energy levels and my moods. The two are of course very much linked. It is very hard to feel happy and positive when I feel absolutely EXHAUSTED. It seems that my Mojo has been hiding on me for the past week or so.
In hopes of finding it again I have had to think hard and do a little reflecting. Some of the steps I have taken to regain my energy levels are:
- Vitamin D – Known for mood stabilization. Winter here is LONG Dark and Cold which means very little Vitamin D.
- Multi vitamin – you never know what I could be missing
- Relaxation – early to bed, late to rise
- Extra Rest Day – I had a 2 mile easy run planned for Thursday night, but my body said “no way mama!!” so I went to bed!
- Time with friends – as much as I really wanted to sleep on Friday night I sucked it up and had dinner and went curling with friends. Although I wasn’t the best company (sorry Wendy) it did help me to get out of the house.
- Family Fun Night – I spoiled my girls last night with A super fun meal and 2 movies! We ate a whole lot of Nachos!!
- Simple workouts – an easy 3 miler, 20 mins on the bike and 30 mins of swimming. All felt great! I also made it outside for a short walk. Fresh air always helps.
I know this coming week will be really hectic with March break just around the corner. But I am ready to take on the week! Even if it means early to bed all week long!
Meal Plan March 8 – 14, 2015
Sunday – Beer Can chicken and roasted veggies
Monday – Chicken salads
Tuesday – Walleye (fish), rice and asparagus
Wednesday – Tomato soup
Thursday – Leftovers
Friday – Pizza and salads
Saturday – Crockpot pulled pork and veggies
Breakfasts – Green Smoothies
Lunches – Eggs, Salads, Cut up veggies, fruit, soup, salads
Snacks – Vega bars, greek yogurt and fruit.
Have you lost your Mojo?
How did you get it back??