Good Morning Fit Friends,
It has been a long week, I once again am coming down with a cold. It feels like all winter long I have been on the cusp of catching something. I never really get sick I just feel crummy a LOT of the time.
Last night I decided that I needed to take an “Emergency Rest Day”. I had a a short run and bike ride planned, but exhaustion has set in and I knew that if I did not rest and rejuvenate I would be down for the count for a long long time.
This Week’s Topic is Friday Favourites!
This week my Five Favourite Things Right Now!
AKA – Things that are currently bringing me joy!
1) Photo Voice – Red Lake Madsen Public School has been fortunate enough to have an artist volunteer her time to create a photography art project. Every student from K-8 is taking a photo showcasing why they LOVE RLMPS. I truly am enjoying seeing the different perspectives that each child is seeing through their very own eyes.
2) Cereal Drive – another school project that I am leading is a cereal drive. The Northwestern Health Unit recently approached schools to help collect boxes of Healthy Cereals for their Student Nutrition Program. This program helps to provide students with a healthy meal at school to improve their overall well being. We set the goal at 50 boxes before next Friday and I am excited to say that we have raised 42 boxes within the first 3 day!!!
3) #mermaidmadness – The Mermaid Club, for which I am an ambassador, has created a FUN March photo Challenge. The prompts are fun, yet challenging. You can see the photos on Instagram under the #mermaidmadness. The challenge is only in its first week and I would love to see some of you joining it!
For the month of March we encourage you to go a bit MAD, get creative and share your daily Mermaid life with us. Follow the calendar for daily inspiration so first day would be Sunday, March 1 and the inspiration is "first sight". Use the hashtag #mermaidmadness and tag the club. We shall share some of our favs! Follow our Mermaid Club Ambassadors (tagged) so we can see what a day in a life of a Mermaid is really like and be inspired by them! Share the calendar and let's make waves starting Sunday! #themermaidclub #livelifemakewaves
4) Motivation Walls and Positive Quotes – This is an initiative that I started for myself last year. I love writing myself positive notes and carrying them around in my pocket to remind myself to keep a positive mind. The grade 4/5 class that I work in has created their own positive wall. Offering positive quotes on sticky notes for students to take and carry with them when they need a little pick me up.
5) Celebrating accomplishments – My girls have kicked it into HIGH gear lately and have been making some incredible accomplishments. Rebecca got her driver’s licence AND become a certified lifeguard. Emily had a terrific time at her 1st dance competition of 2015. Her team earned Lightening Gold, a dance studio record, AND had a KICK BUTT report card!! Olivia is doing a stellar job in her karate class and has memorized her white belt Kata. I am a very proud and happy Mama!! To celebrate these accomplishments I purchased the girls a banana caramel cake. I believe that food helps create memories and enjoy celebrating with cake.
This Friday 5 was not fitness or healthy living related specifically, however I do believe that feeding the soul is good for my overall wellbeing and feeding kids, enjoying art, and celebrating personal victories – big or small makes me feel great!
What are your Friday Favourites right now?
How have you fed your soul lately?