This week is rolling by just a little too fast. I didn’t even get the chance to write a post to link up with #DishtheFit 😦
This week their theme was
Try Something New!
While I haven’t really had the opportunity to TRY much new other than Crosswim, which I have already share about here. Instead I thought I would dish a little about what is new in my life!
1. We bought a TREADMILL!! I was just casually chatting with a woman I know and she had mentioned that they had bought an elliptical and now wanted to sell their treadmill! I jumped at the opportunity! I picked (well ok Tim picked it up) the next day and it is FANTASTIC. It is an older model but in perfect condition. all it needs it a little grease and I know it last us a long long time.
2. I am no longer the only runner in the Szaflik household!!! Yup its true, we bought a treadmill and now 4 out of 5 Szafliks are runners. Tim went as far to say – I really like running on the treadmill, he has been running DAILY and is even adding spadework to his routine. He went to the Running Room online and purchased real running shoes! I couldn’t be more excited! Olivia comes home from school changes into shorts and a tee shirt grabs her sneakers and runs! she is up to 11 minutes, running at 2.5 mph its so darn cute! Rebecca, my gazelle, runs easily at a 9 min mile and when she wants to “go faster” she runs a 8:20 min/mile!! The kid hasn’t ran in years and can easily bang out 8:20 min/miles Oh to be 16!!!!
3. I am a MERMAID!!! – This news is truly exciting for me!! This weekend I received an email letting me know that I was ACCEPTED, out of over 100 applicants, to me a Mermaid Club Ambassador! Being an ambassador for a club like the Mermaid Club and Sweat Pink really makes me feel like I am accomplishing the goals I have set out for myself. I feel that being a fitness, healthy living role model is an amazing opportunity and I love that others look to me to motivate and encourage them. I am looking forward to representing this team of Badass Women as I train and race this year!!
4. Races!! – Speaking of racing, I have signed up for a two! The first is the Manitoba Half Marathon on Father’s Day (June 21, 2015) Tim is signed up to run the 10k – NEVER SAW THAT COMING!!! My Second is a BIG ONE!!!
I AM REGISTERED TO RUN MY FIRST FULL MARATHON!!! EEEEK!!!!
I have dreamed of this idea for years, always thinking to myself that when the time was right the opportunity would arise and I would do it. Well I guess that time has come, because I registered yesterday for the
5. I have hired a coach! – I am way out of my league right now with 3 summer/fall races (half, olympic triathlon, full marathon – probably a few local short runs too) that will be over lapping in training time. I needed to go to the big guns and hire someone who will not only help me plan, but keep me on track to reach my goals. I will tell you more about her later 😀
I hope you are having a terrific week!
What’s new in your life??