Its already the middle of December and we are just 10 days away from Christmas!
This week is going to be a hectic one for sure – Miss O’s 7th Birthday, Olivia’s School Christmas concert, a fire meeting, sports almost every night and my staff party on Friday, Tim’s Fire party on Saturday plus Rebecca is getting her National Lifeguarding Certification this weekend!!! Eek I am tired just thinking about it all.
To keep on top of things I am taking it one day at a time, planning it out the best I can and taking a deep breathe. If it isn’t crucial its not going to get done. I am delegating dinner tomorrow night and using my slow cooker as much as possible.
My Meal Plan and Prep for December 15-20
Monday – Runner’s World Meat Loaf – its filled with bran and veggies for an added fibre kick, sweet potatoes, roasted carrots and green beans.
Tuesday – Left overs
Wednesday – Crockpot chicken and Gnocchi soup – this is a new recipe and I am hoping I can find gnocchi in town!
Thursday – Leftover soup or breakfast for supper
Friday – Pizza and salad
Saturday – Christmas Dinner at the Firehall.
Sunday – Spicy Kale lasagne
On to the fun stuff – creating my Christmas Wish List!
Every Runner/Athlete knows that accessories really make the experience all that much better. Here is a list of some of my favourite items.
1. FlipBelt – This isn’t a wish for me as I already own it but I truly think every runner needs one! It holds pretty much anything you might need including my iphone5 in a heavy OtterBox case. It has space around the entire belt not just one pocket os it will hold your phone, your fuel, cash and car keys without any discomfort!!
2. Lululemon Run With Me Neckwarmer – This is Totally on my wish list. The winter winds are really cold in my neck of the woods and this neck warmer isn’t just cute but very practical.
3. Aquazinger Water Bottle – We all need to hydrate, so why not do it in style with this beautiful water bottle. I am drawn to fruit infuser bottles because I love the way that they cleanly flavour my water. I already own an aqua zinger and would love a second one. I particularly love the flip top sports lid. I really don’t love unscrewing my cap its messy and i always spill. This prevents that from happening.
4. Smart Wool Socks – Baby its cold outside and my tooties need high quality socks for outdoor activities. Smart wool makes fantastic socks that keep my feet warm and dry and prevent blisters.
5. Half Moon Studio Pro Yoga Mat – Every yogi whether you are a newbie or seasoned veteran needs a quality yoga mat and Half moon makes terrific mats. I have had many mats and this one is by far my favourite. Its pretty heavy so its not meant for travel to and from the studio but makes a perfect mat for those doing Piyo in their living rooms!
What accessories are you hoping for this Christmas? Any awesome suggestions?
Whats on your meal plan?
Have any slow cooker recipes to share?