This Week’s Topic – What are you favourite fitness accomplishments.
I have spent a great deal of time thinking about this topic. Sure I could talk about running my very first Half Marathon or completely my first Sprint Triathlon as they are definitely very special accomplishments in my fitness life.
But rather I chose to think back to all the little moments that left me feeling like a rock star!!!
Here is a quick list:
- My first ever Run. Oh I had terrible blisters (I quickly learned the importance of running socks)
- My first solo double digit run. I still remember that day running out across the Chukuni River bridge. I feel awesome !
- When I finally sucked it up and went to a fire hall workout and played with the Rower, barbells and big weight. I later pushed myself to dead lift 135 pounds and do thrusters to 65 pounds.
- The time when I became strong enough to do chin ups outside in my yard on the play structure.
- When I was finally capable of linking together 15 pushups on my toes without rest!
- My first sub 30 minute 5K
- When I hit a sub 8 minute mile on the treadmill! YUP ROCK STAR!!!
- When I stopped being afraid of riding a bike and learned to embrace the rush of flying downhills.
- The first time I held Crow also holds a special moment in my heart.
- Hiking in the mountains alone this summer – AMAZING!!
See its not just the BIG moments that are special but the little ones, that we often overlook that truly hold my heart!
What are your favourite fitness accomplishments??